Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sylvania LCD TV LC320SS9 A non-responsive.    

Latourious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Sylvania LCD TV LC320SS9 A non-responsive. Reply with quote

The TV was working fine one day, and now it's not. When I press the power button the light will flick to green for about five seconds before a humming noise comes from the back for about four more seconds, then it proceeds to turn off. Well, turn off isn't exactly right. The screen never turned on in the first place, just the power indicator. The TV also doesn't completely die, it will switch to standby (red LED).

Now, I've taken the back panel off to try and discern where the hum is coming from. I have two culprits. Either the capacitor or the yellow object (not sure what it is) beside it.
http://postimg.org/image/5grum0djt/
(Sorry for the bad quality)

Based off of a little research it seems like the capacitor needs replacing. I should mention that there are no burn marks or burning smell coming from it, nor is the top rounded. It seems fine, really, but I've no experience in this field.

Thanks to all replys and help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shorted (leaky) diode or possibly a open inverter transformer winding or even a bad digital board. Wink
Latourious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would I go about figuring out if it's one of the things you mentioned? Are they even something I would be able to fix myself?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DVM can test many parts. Start with the diodes around/near the humming item.
IF in doubt, pull the part out, at least enough to isolate it from other components it may be in parallel with.

http://www.wies-hs.eu.dodea.edu/Courses/PTS/Electronics/ComputerServiceSupport/css/Forms/Doc/EleTstGD.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com