Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 27a33 retrace lines    

1968RT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 27a33 retrace lines Reply with quote

Toshiba model 27a33 made in Nov 2003
Screen shows what appear to be retrace lines 2 inches in height at the very top of the screen. Lines appear on all inputs, but seem to disappear on some channels.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C406, C407 or C408 are likely candidates.
1968RT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like that did it! I can't narrow down for you which cap it was, because the position of the 3 caps in relation to each other and other components and heatsinks I found it easiest to remove all 3 caps at once and just replace all three (had them all in the spare parts bin anyway).
Thanks, you came through for me again. I appreciate you sharing whatever resources you seem to have at fingertips or in your head with me, and also your time.
alyna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

I learned from you... Thanks for the idea. Sometimes overvoltage at grid can cause retrace to appear. Changing caps is one of the best additional...
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must work on some VERY OLD sets.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com