Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 27DF46 TV lines at the top of the screen    

GoingNutz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 27DF46 TV lines at the top of the screen Reply with quote

Hello,

Recently my TV has horizontal white lines at the top of the screen. the lines are not very wide but there is a bunch of them as you can see by the pictures. and it varies as to how far down they will come. Sometime it will completely disappear and other times it wont. also it will almost disappear to where you see just one line it it will movey a new tv at this time across the screen. I truely hope this is an easy fix, I really dont wanna buy a new tv right now eaither. Thanks for help in advance.

Thank you.

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on the board and find an IC that is mounted on a heat sink and marked on the board as IC407 and LA7847 printed on the IC itself.
Close to the IC you will find several capacitors (electrolytic type) with C407 (printed on board next to the capacitor)being the most likely culpret. (100UFD @ 35VDC). Simply install new as they are dirt cheap.

Hope this helps

Jesse
GoingNutz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok considering I know nothing about tv's ( but plenty about computers ) Is this something I can truely do myself or should I have someone come out and fix it?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on two things. Can you solder and are you motivated. This is not a computer, you do not replace parts that simply plug in Rolling Eyes or are as easy to get at. Wink .

If your motivation is to save money and you can solder reasonably well this particular repair is easy.
I would advise you go to the sections of this forum that explains some of the mistakes that can be avoided (like shock) Razz

Hope this helps

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com