Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 2879DB Factory Reset    

razvan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 2879DB Factory Reset Reply with quote

Hello.
I have a Toshiba 2879DB CRT TV that I brought from England and took it to service because the sound wasn't ok due to diffrent standards. I'm from Romania. The technician solved the sound and added B/G format from the service menu, but now I can't acces the Dolby functions from the remote.
Now I want to use the tv with a digital sattelite reciver and need to have his original settings. Below are the codes that the TV displays in service menu. If I can't reset the unit, what I must change to acces Dolby again?
Thanks.
RCUT-49H
GCUT-45H
BCUT-4AH
GDRV-6CH
BDRV-59H
CNTX-FFH
BRTC-77H
COLC-0EH
TNTC-40H
COLP-73H
COLS-F5H
SCNT-06H
VOLS-02H
FVOL-00H
NVOL-08H
NICL-A7H
NICH-08H
IDL-00H
IDH-00H
EVOL-01H
EMX-FCH
EMN-64H
PHS-16H
STS-00H
HPOS-0CH
VPOS-02H
HIT-52H
VLIN-10H
VSC-0FH
VPS-0BH
VCP-02H
WID-12H
PARA-2AH
CNR-06H
TRAP-13H
HCP-04H
VFC-0FH
BELL-01H
SRY-08H
SBY-08H
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://elektrotanya.com/toshiba_2876dd_c7ss_chassis.pdf/download.html

Should be same chassis / family.

Read - ask questions - THEN try making adjustments.
Entering or making changes in service mode by untrained persons can cause significant and permanent damage to your television. If you are not qualified to service your television, please DO NOT ENTER these service menu codes.
razvan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Toshiba TV Various Models
Service mode procedure for most Toshiba TVs
Press sound mute (on remote)- Tv displays sound mute OSD, Then hold down sound mute and press the menu button on the control panel

This should display the service mode data with an 'S' in the corner of the screen. Gives basic geometry and display data.

Press the -- button on the remote - enters frame collapse mode - to set screen voltage

When in service mode:-
Hold down CALL (on the remote) and press the menu button, Set then enters design mode
All sub data can then be adjusted.

Acording to http://www.e-repair.co.uk/toshiba_service_modes.htm

The Dolby menu is now accesible again. By trial and error I changed the values in OPT1 and now is fully functioning.
Maybe in the future someone will find this helpful. Cheers.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com