Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 32A33 No sound    

Jim in Lockport

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Toshiba 32A33 No sound Reply with quote

I lost sound on my Toshiba 32A33 (chassis TAC 0303). I tried smacking it just like the good old days. I vacumed the dust and left it unplugged for a while. I openned it up and looked for loose connections. I traced the speaker wires and unplugged them, blew the dust off and plugged them back in. Near the speaker wires is a circuit board plugged to the main board that has a component that appears to have an outflow of a marshmallow looking substance (see pictures I will send). On one side of this small board it says Toshiba PD1022 23599548. The other side says 23547218. I don't know what this is or if it has anything to do with my problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

It has been a few days since I posted this and the best advice I got was to get sound from the cable box outlets to my stereo instead of fixing the TV. I could use some help with posting those pics.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

posting just to upload pics per requested. Sorry it took me so long.

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's just glue that you're point at with the pen. nothing to be concerned of.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim in Lockport wrote:
Toshiba PD1022 23599548

IF Board = Not the problem.

Is there Video? On stations? On A/V Input?

With ear against speaker grill - is there ANY hum, pops, hiss, etc. at various volume control levels? when switching stations?, inputs?, "muting" the audio?

If NO Q610 TA8265 Audio Output IC could be defective.

Of course, no sound can also result from, among other things, a cracked PC board from TV being dropped or the board mishandled, other parts being defective, Service adjustments being "played with" (by "GOD" or by tinkerers who like to think they can "adjust the defect away")
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com