Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 32A40 squished picture    

notsosmartnow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 32A40 squished picture Reply with quote

Toshiba 32" TV
Model 32A40
Chassis TAC 0017

The picture looks as if its being squeezed from above and below :

There really weren't any symptoms leading up to this.

I am new to electronic repairs in general but I am more than willing to learn. I read the How to Repair a TV with no Vertical Deflection guide but I'm not sure if that's the problem my TV is experiencing.

I also read the instructions on discharging a CRT which led me to wonder if there is anything else I should be discharging (capacitors for example) before I begin repairs?

Thank you in advance for giving me such fine assistance.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There really weren't any symptoms leading up to this."

Turned off one day it was perfect, the next day turned on and was like shown? Or happened over a period of days, weeks, months?

If all at once, I'd start with vertical output IC.
If over a period of time I'd start with electrolytics in vertical output circuit (usually 100ufd - 220ufd).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com