Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 42HL196 Red LED Blinks but no picture    

doublewide

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 42HL196 Red LED Blinks but no picture Reply with quote

I know the problem is in the power supply because there is no voltage coming out of the power supply. Every once in a while The tv will work until it is unplugged again. Just wondering how I can fix this problem or where I can get a new power supply board that works that does not cost a fortune. I'd like to try to fix the power supply myself if possible. Thanks and cool forum!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

doublewide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the 3 IC's and will let you know how it works out for my tv.

The manual is here with training.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ce2rw2529ldgd

Found this post:

***We performed the factory bulletin update by replacing an IC at location Q820A, Toshiba #23135094, part# SRX2039.This repair lasted about lasted about a month before returning with the same 3-blink symptom.Finally replaced 2 other regulator IC's, STR-Z4479 & STR-W6765 which restored full operation to both supplies.The 42" power supply is p/n 75002913 (PE0071E-1)STR-Z4479 is location Q860 (Large IC) STR-W6765 is location Q880 (TO-220 on large heat-sink) Both are available from B&D. Check standby voltages as follows:
20v line=18.5,
32v line = 31.5,
12v line =12v
Power=2.99,
Power Sig=.01,
Protect=.030,
AC Det=3.5,
5v=5.1,
24v=0,
30=0
Also note that IC Q880 will be getting warm while in standby. Forgot to mention that the units will give a 3 blink code while initializing, then after about 30 secs will be ready for action. That threw me the first time I saw it, figured it was still in error condition. ***

Rick Electronics
doublewide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPdate

I soldered in the 3 IC's and fixed the TV.

I hope this helps any other people with the same TV Toshiba 42HL196 with the 3 blink red LED -recording.

Doublewide
ryn0909

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey doublewide, Ive got the same tv in my garage, that im working on. I too am a mechanic just learning how to fix LCD's. Anywho..... i was curious if you know how to check the, IC880 str w6765, that you replaced. i have a multi-meter handy and i wanted to check it for the hell of it. I ordered that IC and im waiting for it to show up here at home.
ryn0909

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got that ic and installed it, but nothing changed. do you know how to check that ic (str w6765) with a multimeter? any help is greatly appreciated
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With meter set to diode test ... NEW (NEVER installed in your unit) and Suspect IC setting on a desktop (NOT installed in unit) ... measuring between any two pins of one (paying attention to which pin, red or black connects to) should result in very similar readings IF BOTH are GOOD. You'll want to be sure to test ALL combinations of pins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com