Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 42HM66 power off problem    

tester2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 42HM66 power off problem Reply with quote

Hi guys i need your help , i got Toshiba Model No : 42HM66, when i power ON TV it work for 25-30 minutes, then turn power OFF by itself (while power OFF, i notice a sound from inside the TV like a Ambulance Alarm sound hearing),. So this TV work 30 minutes with in 24 hours or per day.
So i like to know, do i have to open cover behind this TV to fix this problem. Or this is 100% confirm based on your experiense the LAMP need to replace. I am totally to new in this things, so I can't rectify the problem.
Please some one help me to rectify the problem in this TV. I will cooprate in this Give me a work then I open cover & check parts one by one what ever you are asking, and i will post back the result here. Hope in this way the problem can be rectify eassly based on the experience of you guys.
Please remember picture quality is excalent, so i don't want to through out this TV, there is no problem at all, only the problem work for 30 minutes then picture start blinking then finally turn OFF by itself.

Hope fully waiting for your replies.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

slinteriors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like the color wheel has a bearing issue. I would check where the sound is coming from chances are its the color wheel
jorgea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Color Wheel? Reply with quote

I would consider replacing the color wheel or just return the whole tv set if it's still new. Get a new one.
CelicaSupra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say the picture starts blinking do you mean regular on and off (for example 1 second on, 1 second off, 1 second on etc etc) or do you mean flickering like an old incandesent light bulb when it burns out?

If it's the latter then I'd suggest (please bear in mind i have no practical experience of this particular set) that it could be either a faulty power transformer/relay or a cracked solder joint, likely in the power board...

The reason for my thinking is that as the set starts up from cold the metal core of the transformer & all the components/solder joints are cold & then as they gradually warm up and expand this could be forcing the faulty part or joint to open up & start to lose contact.

I have experienced this kind of heat related fault happening on an old toshiba CRT set where the vertical IC had a cracked solder joint, when it was cold all worked fine but as it warmed up the picture would start to jump & eventually it would lose vertical deflection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com