Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 42HP95, auto shut down after plug in, PSU fine    

viper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Toshiba 42HP95, auto shut down after plug in, PSU fine Reply with quote

Have a TV that just one day went into a protect mode of sort with the typical red blinking light. Unplugging seine board did not fix it. I removed loads from the PSU and all voltages are present. One by one, I plugged things back into the PSU looking for something with a short, nothing.

I got everything plugged back in and the sucker worked for 3 hrs. Then just shut off again with the same red blinking light. I monitored voltages during boot up and in protect modes and the PSU is NOT sending out a protect voltage but IS sending out a standby voltage so something else shut the PSU off, likely NOT a PSU issue.

Problem is I cannot find what is shutting it down. The 12v/20V plug from the PSU is the one that has to be plugged in to get the relays to fire on the PSU. That plug works through a sub distribution PCB, then to the "signal board" which looks to be the board with with my processors and such.

I would suspect this board but the fact that there is a red blinking light might be telling me it is detecting something else wrong BUT I have tested with NOTHING but that 12v/20v plug going to the signal board so nothing but power to the board and it still shuts down.

I was testing voltage to the fans and though they are 12v, they are getting about 8.5V, not sure if that is a concern. Also wondering if there is a tach signal from the fans that might be shutting it down.

Bottom like, I it would be dandy if the TV had service codes to help isolate the issue. I would really like to score some good diagrams and service info for this TV.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and such:

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&megnev=&megnev2=42HP95&kategoria=&kat2=all
viper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I did download the manuals but they seem to only include board layouts and parts lists. I was hoping they were expansive to include test parameters and voltage ranges.

What I am thinking I might be experiencing is a slight out of tolerance voltage from the PSU that is causing the main board to shut the system down and throw a blinking light. What is the typical tolerance of voltages that the PSUs operate at?

I believe my 12V = 12.55, 5V = 5.15, 32V = 31.50, 20V = 20.6, etc.

I am just curious how far out these might need to be for the main board to shut things down? so far I have the main board connected ONLY to the PSU and low B board and sure seems that the main board is what is shutting it down so it must not be happy about something...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com