Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 50a60 won't turn on...power light flashing    

r0ck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 50a60 won't turn on...power light flashing Reply with quote

I have a Toshiba 50A60 projection set. When the unit is plugged in, I can hear the relay click and the set start to power on. Then the relay clicks off and the red power light on the front flashes over and over.

Researched here, and figured the convergence chips were fried. I've searched every square inch of the board for any burnt components with no luck. The six resistors below each convergence chip passed visual and ohms tests. I changed both convergence chips but the same problem happens. Now I'm not sure what to look for. Something in the power supply section maybe?

I have a copy of the schematic but troubleshooting televisions is not something I've tried before. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by r0ck on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

r0ck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after letting this TV collect enough dust, I've decided to try again. I've read a couple other posts regarding Toshiba sets with identical problems, and I'm hoping this may fix it.

The repair in question is replacing Q306 and adding countermeasure diode D310. Instructions are based on info discussed in the following post:
http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/toshiba-51h84-wont-power-up-t1175.html

So, anyone have anything to add to this? I realize my TV and the one discussed in the link are two completely different models, but according to my schematic, I do have a q306 and the part is the same as discussed above.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in. Thanks!
r0ck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference only: No dice.

Even though the service manual parts list shows this model as having Q306, it does not exist on any of the boards. This part (Toshiba TA75902) isn't present on the 50A60.

Back to the drawing board.
curt wolfe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

q306 is a ic ta75902 and toshiba # a6335470.
r0ck

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realized that just after placing the order for the part. :oops:

The 14-pin IC TA75902 is listed in the service manual as being used at Q304 and Q306. However, after ordering the replacement, I decided to actually try to locate it on the power/deflection PCB. It wasn't there. It wasn't on any of the other boards either.

The only 14-pin IC used on this model appears to be TA75339 at Q481. Oddly enough, this IC already has a zener attached on the underside. Yep, the diode checks OK, but not sure about testing the IC.

You stated that q306 is a TA75902, but the part # you gave is for a transistor 2SC2712-Y, used at Q303, Q308, and Q310. Are you suggesting that these transistors may be the cause of my problems?

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

r0ck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's an update. Turns out there IS a Q306 used on this chassis. It's on the board with the convergence chips, not the power board. . I missed it because I was looking for a 14-pin DIP IC, not a 14-pin surface mount IC.

So, I ended up ordering the wrong part. It is a TA75902PG that is referenced in the other post. I actually needed a TA75902FD, which is the surface mount package. Andrews Electronics carries these as part #70129117.

I will try the repair with this part once it arrives. Will update afterwards. Again, if anyone can offer help or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com