Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 50HDX82 No Power - Capacitors?   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  

mshields

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Toshiba 50HDX82 No Power - Capacitors? Reply with quote

Okay, Still have the no-power issue. Got into the back of this unit this morning. There are plenty of caps and some of them had some type of fluid around them. It's almost like a silicon glue, but is grey in color. I don't know if this means the caps are bad. I Only saw this on some of the caps, seems like it would be on all of them if it were normal? Let me know if anyone has any clue on this. I have pics but looks like I need a website to post them.

Toshiba RPTV
Model: 5OHDX82
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If glue is ONLY on the physically largest caps ... normal.
"Silicon glue" would be solid like a caulk - not fluid like a liquid.
mshields

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it must be glue, it is a Solid Rubber composition. It is also on some of the smaller caps, and two are being glued together. I'm still trying to figure out how to get this set up and running again.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No light(s)? No "Click(s)"?

Start with basics. Blown fuse(s)? Raw B-Plus? Stand-by source(s)?
mshields

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it definitely has the relay click. No light on the front. I have a set of schematics and a training manual I just picked up yesterday. I am going to check out Q801
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

mshields

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry hit the button too fast. Going to check out Q801 tonight, it says if the resistance is low it is probably shorted.
mshields

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After checking my schematics and training manual it says to check Q801. It is a semiconductor/IC that acts as a Voltage Regulator, the manual says to check resistance between pin 1 and 14 and pins 12 and 14, if the resistance is 3 Meg ohms the part is good, but if it is 10-12 ohms then there is a short. When I measure I get around 6 ohms from pin 1 and 14 and 0.1 ohms from 12 and 14. I am assuming this is the problem with my no-power issue? What do you think? (Also, the IC was measured out of circuit.)
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF that's how your "schematics and training manual" says to test it, I'd suspect it is bad.
mshields

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replaced that IC chip and am still having the same problems. I have the Service manual and Training Manual that I would be willing to e-mail someone if they can help me. Just let me know and i'll send it to you.
mshields

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there anyone out there that can give me a hand with this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com