Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 50L1450U - Vertical Line (singular)    

xioticin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Toshiba 50L1450U - Vertical Line (singular) Reply with quote

Toshiba 50L1450U

Description: On the box whenever I received the TV, it said it was a 47" though when I look up the model it refers to a 50". I don't know if that is significant but just an observation.

Background:

I have been using this TV in a air conditioned environment and it has only been moved one time. I would say this TV has been used for only about 2 months grand total. It has only been used as my desktop monitor. I just recently moved and was extra careful to not damage the unit. It has worked fine for as long as I have used it and even after the move was acting normally.

The other day I was pointing at something on the screen, bumped my glass of water, splashed a few drops on the screen and wiped them off. I was quick to clean up and got what I thought to be all of the water. I am not saying this is the cause of the Vertical Line, just listing the only thing I can think of that has ever happened to this TV.

Symptom: I have a single Vertical line that was originally flickering on the screen, then holding for about 15 minutes, then flickering. It has completely disappeared only to return 15 minutes later. It seems more permanent now and I have not be able to get it to go away. At one point there was another line that flickered next to it. I have yet to see this line return.

What I have done: I have removed the back plastic from the TV. I have kept it on the stand while leaving the remaining boards exposed for testing. The only plastic I see left is the frame around the front of the panel.

The Vertical Line:

Clicking link goes to my photobucket album for all of the tv images. (I cannot figure out how to resize in forum for the life of me.)

Since I have everything taken apart but in working order, I am ready to take on suggestions for repairing/troubleshooting. Just let me know what you guys think is the best course of action.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people usually resize on their photo sharing site. http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724244-How-to-Resize-an-Image

Try reseating any ribbon type connections to/from tcon board. If not that, did liquid spill anywhere close to where the lines are? If so, probably bad panel.

Last edited by JTS1957 on Sat May 21, 2016 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
xioticin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will reseat all the connectors later on this afternoon and get back with the result. I will also be removing the front plastic off of the frame to get a better idea of where damage might be.

I don't want to immediately assume bad panel which = garbage tv. I will exhaust as many possibilities as I can before giving up on this.

Just to be clear, the tcon board is the board with the power supply going to it? From I can tell I have two boards, one has the hdmi connectors, the other has the power on it.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right-hand most connector in picture (scroll down) should connect to tcon (may be internal to panel or under a shield).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-50L1450U-Power-Supply-PK101W0330I-Main-Board-431C6Q51L11-461C6Q51L11

What does screen look like with video and/or OSD?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com