Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 57H81 no picture    

reecem13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 57H81 no picture Reply with quote

make: Toshiba
model: 57H81

description: 57" big screen projection t.v.

problem: I just pressed the power button to turn the t.v. on and it made a loud pop and the screen made a dull flash, then the screen went black. The power will stay on but the screen stays black. Never had a problem with this t.v. before. Might this be a bad power board or is it something else? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the CRTs still glowing?
reecem13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no. They're not.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the filaments in the necks of the CRTs glowing?
reecem13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, nothing inside the t.v. is glowing. Even though the power is on, it looks like it's not from the inside.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

huntlarry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: fuses and cold solder Reply with quote

Do you have the infamous flashing red light? If so, one or more fuses have blown. Mine were F850, F852 that were 5A toward the front of the board (front of tv) and one that was 3 amp. I also resoldered a bunch but all looked okay on mine. If you google - 57H81 and red flashing light you will find much more information.

One good suggestion was to add a fuse board and use more common off the shelf glass fuses ( 1 1/4" x 1/4") vs. the ceramic on board ones. I believe these are the + and - 16VDC supply fuses.

I fixed the red flashing on mine and powers up but i have a distorted screen on all inputs (tuners, composite in, etc.). Direct audio in works okay and the menu works fine. Anyone have the service manual PDF on this unit? I have 23 years component level experience on high end test equipment, so I foresee a simple fix if I can get a look at the circuitry.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huntlarry wrote:
...but i have a distorted screen on all inputs (tuners, composite in, etc.)...

Do a search (here & Google) for 'convergence' problem or possibly need to recap "Hyper board". Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com