TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

Advertise Here  
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 57H82 Convergence    

fshrman

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Toshiba 57H82 Convergence Reply with quote

Appreciate any help. Toshiba 57H82 rear projection ghosted in red on right side of screen. Convergence adjust will only allow red to go up and down, not left and right. Have checked resistors around Convergence ICs (without de-soldering them) and verified that they read correctly. Ready to buy ICs and replace but I have a question about getting the boards out. The board with the flyback Txs seems to be joined to the board with the convergence chip board by what looks to be some type of open connector. Two white ones and one blue one. What are these things and how do I separate the boards? They look delicate and I can't seem to un-hook them. Thanks again.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have checked resistors around Convergence ICs (without de-soldering them) and verified that they read correctly.

Make sure to double check resistors with the convergence yokes disconnected and while IC's are out of circuit.

Connectors work like a hinge. They have a plastic tab on the side that you lift on.
fshrman

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Will disconnecting the red, blue, green connectors coming from the IC area accomplish the yoke isolation? Are these symptoms common to the IC failures (half screen, red only)? One more, is it common for these resisors to fail without showing damage? They look like new. Thanks Again.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if leads lead to convergence yokes. I don't check 'em until the IC's are pulled too.
Yes. Replace all convergence IC's. If one failed ...
Yes. Hole on underside, discoloration, or just a change in value are common.
fshrman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Follow up to convergence problem Reply with quote

Just a quick follow up. Lots of thanks for the help.
Working great. Saved $400+ on this.

For anyone reading this and trying themselves, a few things learned.

GET A HEATED SOLDER SUCKER. Its the best thing since sliced bread. One with large and small tips is helpful. The heat sink mounting tabs can be a challenge to clean up.
I also used a large magnifying glass, very helpful.
Make sure you align the convergence in the Toshiba service menu (buy the manual, $20 online). Don't panic when you first see the grid. Mine looked awful, but with patience, I brought it all back in.

Thanks again.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2013 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com