Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba CRV 51H84 and NS LTDVD26-09 both have problems    

DavidJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Toshiba CRV 51H84 and NS LTDVD26-09 both have problems Reply with quote

TV #1 Toshiba CRV 51H84. i picked up this TV from my neighbor and figured i may be able to resurrect it. When turned on the power light stays red with no blinking. the speakers emit a low white noise sound but no actual audio. ive opened the TV up and see a good amount of dust but everything seems to be in tact including fuses. if anyone had any ideas or needs more info. ill be checking in daily for any replies.

TV #2 NS LTDVD26-09 turns on and has picture and audio for a few seconds, turns back off. every time i try this the time it takes to turn back off gets shorter and shorter. i believe this one may be a power board problem? again, if anyone had any ideas or needs more info. ill be checking in daily for any replies.

thanks! hope to get some replies!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV #1 What is a CRV?
Do you have the set connected to an actual antenna?
Has operation on all other inputs been checked?
Are ALL power supply sources operating at nominal values?
Do the CRTs light?

TV #2 Insignia?
Picture and sound are normal? for those few seconds? and from which (Inputs: Include 1 HDMI, 1 S-video, 1 component video, 2 composite video (1 side, 1 rear), 1 PC, DVD Player and RF antenna.) sources?
Does the picture AND sound both go out as if somebody turned off unit?
Are there any mechanical noises from DVD mechanism at any point?
Any LED indicators and their status?
DavidJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your reply.

TV#1 CRV i meant CRT lol sry.
yes i tested the av and coaxial input signals on another tv before trying them on this one. all inputs gave me no sound or video. i pushed the video source button and could hear relays kicking each time so i assumed it was going through the sources like normal. i did take the front panel off the tv to check the cameras and they did not light. ive seen crt tvs that the brightness was up too high and that caused malfunctions. i turned the brightness down in hopes the cameras would come on but no luck still.

TV #2
yes video and sound is perfect from all sources. i haven't checked the DVD function but i will after this post. when i plug in the TV there is a blue indicator light that turns red when the TV is turned on. it will stay on and function normally until it shuts off. like you said, as if someone hit the power button. the first time it actually stays on for a few minutes, but the next time only for seconds.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laptop computers have camera.
Rear Projection Televisions has CRTs
2nd request - Are ALL power supply sources operating at nominal values?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's better to have a separate thread for each TV. This way the discussion does not overlap and people don't get confused.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

DavidJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a multi tester but i don't know what values the power supplies should be operating at. how can i find this out?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://elektrotanya.com/toshiba_46h84_51h84_57h84_sch.pdf/download.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com