Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
TOSHIBA CX32F60 32" Tube TV: red gun always on    

dreadnaught

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: TOSHIBA CX32F60 32" Tube TV: red gun always on Reply with quote

Make: TOSHIBA
Model: CX32F60 32" TV

The TV is almost 15 years old and has started to have a problem with the red gun. Sometimes, the picture is as it should be, but most of the time, the picture switches and it seems that the red gun is on all of the time. The whole screen is affected and the colors of the tv programs are clearly not correct. Why do I think its the red gun and why do I think its always on? The on screen feedback for volume and channel controls is normally cyan (blue+green), but now, the volume and channel indications are white.

Before I concluded that the red gun was always on, I thought to open it up and check for bad connections... then I realized the gun was always on instead of being dead. Because its always on, I assume there is a problem with the control circuit that provides amplitude control to the red gun...

Does anyone have a clue what this could be and how to repair it?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

william617

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: toshiba tv cx32f50 Reply with quote

does it have small retrace lines in pix
may have schematic,,will check
dreadnaught

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no retrace lines are visible. it has changed behavior slightly since I posted the original question. It seems to now involve more than just the red gun. The on screen display should be cyan, which made things easy to diagnose when it changed to white. Its not the same now and its more difficult to describe the colors as they are not simple combinations of all or nothing colors.

I did open the back some time ago and used a wooden spoon handle on the solder joints of the CRT circuit board, gently probing to see if any one connection had an impact on the picture color. The problem quickly went away as I fear I "fixed" the faulty connection. the "fix" lasted no more than a day or two and now its worse Wink I might consider freshening those solder joints on the back of that circuit board to see if that helps.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I might consider freshening those solder joints on the back of that circuit board to see if that helps.

Just dood it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com