Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba CZ36T31 - Responds to Hitting?    

twilitegxa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Toshiba CZ36T31 - Responds to Hitting? Reply with quote

I have a TV that was given to us by my father-in-law and it works fine sometimes, if you leave it on all the time. If you turn it off, when you turn it back on, it has to kind of warm up and you have to hit the side of it to get a picture on it. And sometimes if you have kids running around in the house, it jars it and you have to hit it a few times on the side to get the picture showing again, or if you walk too loudly it also does this and you have to hit it to get it working again. Has anyone else ever experienced this kind of situation on their televisions before? If so, what is the problem and can it be fixed, and if so, approximately how much would it cost? I really like the size of the TV, but not sure if I can afford to get it fixed or not, and definitely can't afford a new one. Please respond if you have any insight that might help us out. Thanks!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken solder joint. No idea where to point you to without a model number.
twilitegxa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Toshiba, model number CZ36T31. Does that help?
Ozgur

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it look like before hitting? I mean, do you just have no picture at all (all black(?)) (and no sound either?), or does it have some other problem (image shrinks, distorted, etc). As I've just posted in this thread, my Toshiba 32A40 CRT had a horizontal line in the middle of the screen, and was also responding to "hitting" Smile. That horizontal line problem is termed "no vertical deflection", is that the case for you as well? (BTW, I'm no technician, so I won't be able to follow-up with the problem you have, but just wanted to point out a possibility)

(In any case though, as kuhurdler replied, when hitting "fixes" the problem, it usually points to some broken solder joint).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com