TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

Advertise Here  
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba Remote will not work    

dukerdriver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Toshiba Remote will not work Reply with quote

Does anyone have the answer for this one?
The remote for my toshiba tv quit working a couple of days ago. Put fresh batteries in and still nothing. Purchased an RCA universal remote and fresh batteries and tried all the toshiba codes and still nothing. Used the code search function in the universal instruction manual and still nothing. Has any one had this problem?
Thanks,
Duke
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

either the remote receiver is not working, or you got a universal remote that is not compatible with your TV.

I would guess the receiver is not working.
dukerdriver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: remote receiver not working? where in the world is it? Reply with quote

I kind of figured that there must be someting in the tv that receives the signal from the hand held remote. I fished around the net and found a remote reciever for $7.95 and just wonder where it is located in the tv. The web site did not have a picture. Is it some kind of circuit board that simply snaps out and the new one snaps in place? Any experience with this would be appreciated. Thanks, Duke
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, it will be integrated to the main board. Each receiver is unique to the model # of that particular TV.

You'll need to provide a model number if you want any specifics on components. But from the questions you have asked, I assume replacing these components is not really an option for you. Never the less, we can do our best to help.
dukerdriver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Integrated? Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I found a source for the remote reciever that was specific for the model number of the Toshiba tv. It did not show a picture, but the description is a circuit board. I ordered it and since it was under $10 I figured that the worse that could happen is that I have to eat the part. Is there any soldering involved?

I really want to thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions.
Have a great day.
Duke
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

braveswin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Toshiba needs a new remote receiver Reply with quote

>> Thanks for the information. I found a source for the remote reciever that was specific for the model number of the Toshiba tv. It did not show a picture, but the description is a circuit board. I ordered it and since it was under $10 I figured that the worse that could happen is that I have to eat the part. Is there any soldering involved?

Dukerdriver, I've got a similar situation. I have the 34HF84 and also bought the Remote Receiver component for $12.95 and now need to learn how to install it. I wasn't willing to pay the repairman $200+ for this. Shocked

Can anybody shed light on the details of this repair?

Thanks in advance.
Randy
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disassemble enough to get old unit out. Since is CRT set, most likely you'll have to slide out the main board.
Compare to new one to make sure they are the same. This will also inform you as to what you'll have to transfer from the old to the new, if anything, what you'll have to unsolder, etc.
Many videos on You Tube on soldering/desoldering, practicing on a junk board, if needed, is a good idea. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2013 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com