Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba TV CF3572B Start-Up Issue   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next  

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HammerDown wrote:
kuhurdler wrote:
I agree.

Also, you've used the heat. Now start using the freeze spray. you can get them from any electronics part store or website.

Please elaborate a bit on what the freeze spray test will show?

you've got it working once it warms up because of the heat gun. Now get the cold spray and start spraying different areas of the board. you can heat and freeze to locate the component or circuit trace that is temperature sensitive.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

HammerDown

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:
HammerDown wrote:
kuhurdler wrote:
I agree.

Also, you've used the heat. Now start using the freeze spray. you can get them from any electronics part store or website.

Please elaborate a bit on what the freeze spray test will show?

you've got it working once it warms up because of the heat gun. Now get the cold spray and start spraying different areas of the board. you can heat and freeze to locate the component or circuit trace that is temperature sensitive.

Sounds good but..., do I try the freeze spray when the TV's on...hopeing for it to shut off when spraying around the left power board?

Also...if I did need a part such as (C871 22ufd/63volt.), where could I get it from???
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DISTRIBUTED-BY-MCM-250V-22UF-105C-R-/31-7855

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/CHEMTRONICS-ES1052-/20-3000

yes, you spray it with it on, and it should shut off when you spray the area that is temperature sensitive.
HammerDown

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesom Forum here...and I fully appreciate all the great advice!

Last edited by HammerDown on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A closer to original ratings alternative:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DISTRIBUTED-BY-MCM-100V-22UF-105C-R-/31-7545
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

HammerDown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
A closer to original ratings alternative:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DISTRIBUTED-BY-MCM-100V-22UF-105C-R-/31-7545

If that part could be my problem, is that little Capacitor really so sensitive to a few seconds of warmth from a hair dryer to actually make my TV turn on?
I'm off work Thursday, I'll go to Radio Shack for the freeze spray and examine my left circuit board for that C871

Again...thanks so much for all the info!
HammerDown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update... with the TV warmed up and running I tested different locations around the 'power board', the freeze spray did NOT shut off the TV...HOWEVER...I then manually turned off the set and tested/froze different individual parts around the board >so far (C871) was the only part on the power board when frozen would not allow the (warmed) TV to restart, >not until I again warmed C871 (area) with a hair dryer!
It appears my TV repair guy did replace that capacitor however, with the correct one??? could it still be bad...and...did my test prove that's the faulty part?
Please see pic for red circled location of C871.
I have yet to pull the board to check for a cracked cold solder joint in that area...but I will.

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Also try: C871 22ufd/63volt.

The best test is SUBSTITUTION! Quit playing around and CHANGE the part already!
HammerDown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
JTS1957 wrote:
Also try: C871 22ufd/63volt.

The best test is SUBSTITUTION! Quit playing around and CHANGE the part already!

Absolutely, that's my next step, just confirming C871 was the only thing that responded to the freeze spray.(BTW >neat way to test something)
I'm try to locate a local source for that capacitor.
HammerDown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE...it WORKS!!!
You can't imagine how thankful I am for the GREAT advice and direction I was given here.
Directing me to C871 and the tip for testing w/freeze spray did it.
Yesterday I finally got to solder in C871 capacitor 22uf/63 volt ...crossed my fingers and the sob started!!! This morning was the ultimate cold start test and it again started!!! Of course I'm sweating bullets every time I turn the TV on but so far so good.
Prior repair shop never changed the above capacitor...but thanks to this forum (I) did.
I could go on and on...thanks again.
Ray

ps...original capacitor C871 was 22uf 50volt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com