Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba TW-40x81 CRT coolant replacement question    

cbandi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Toshiba TW-40x81 CRT coolant replacement question Reply with quote

I picked up this projection set curb-side. Picture good after using convergence menu, but in cleaning mirror and CRT lenses noticed minor particles (no haze) in all three CRTs. The green CRT actually has a beetle embalmed inside Shocked so I figure it's worth changing the coolant...right?

It appears the fluid itself is colored, so I believe I need to strain and save it, adding a little Techspray coolant to replace that lost in the filtering. I saw this process in a YouTube video. But this would be different from the Magnavox example posted on Riddled TV where ALL the fluid was replaced. Am I correct about this so far, or is it the CRT lens glass which is colored?

Also, the Riddled TV procedure includes replacing the seal on the CRT. Can I even get that part, and if so, how can I identify the part number?

Thanks, and if I do wind up changing the coolant I promise to post a picture of the candied critter!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com