Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vertical IC trouble for a Sylvania model 6427TF    

cdw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Vertical IC trouble for a Sylvania model 6427TF Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I have a 27 inch Sylvania TV (model number 6427TF) that I've had for almost 6 years now. I know it's old but it's been good to me so I'm kind of loyal to it. About a month back the picture of the TV began to produce a slight greenish color at the top of the screen and this should have been my clue to really look into things but I let it go on since it wasn't affecting the picture too much. Then it happened - a few days ago the picture just went completely black save for a horizontal line that runs smack dab in the middle of it where I can vaguely make out the movements of whatever I am watching on said channel. The audio still works perfect and I don't have any issues changing the channels or turning off/on the TV however.

A quick search around the web led me to this place and I learned that it was a vertical IC issue and that I didn't have to replace any parts. Today I bought a 30 watt solder iron and rosin core solder since those were suggested from other sites around the web. All systems were go until I opened it up and saw that the circuit board was made a little different from the sanyo picture here http://www.riddledtv.com/journal/Vertical/. Obviously this is my first time doing this so I have what may be a stupid question but - may anyone please tell me where the vertical IC is in that particular model and make? I see almost a hundred things numbered with three or four digit codes on the back of the circuit board but I don't know what's the code for the vertical IC. I wouldn't want to make the horrible mistake of resolding the wrong thing.

Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated. Have a good evening, and thanks in advance.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IC551# IC:VERTICAL OUTPUT LA78041 QSZBA0SSY006
or # IC:VERTICAL OUTPUT LA78045 QSZBA0SSY004

Located on a heat sink near the yoke plug.

IF joints appear good, resolder anyway. IF no improvement, the IC is likely defective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com