Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio 550nv ground short    

Jonsnow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Vizio 550nv ground short Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Vizio 550nv tv. I inadvertantly shorted the hot to ground on the circuit my tv was plugged into while changing a light switch. It tripped the breaker immediately and when I turned the circuit back on the tv wasnt working. The tv turns on and goes to the Vizio logo screen for about a minute and then shutsdown. The vizio logo light flashes amber to white for a couple of minutes until lgog screen appears. rinse repeat.

I am deciding whether or not to attempt to replace circuit boards myself. is there anyway to know which board would have been affected or is it more of a trial and error replacement thing? I dont have any proper equipment for testing.

thank you in advance
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com