Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
VIZIO E320AR - Won't turn on   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

DandyElephant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: VIZIO E320AR - Won't turn on Reply with quote

It's a Vizio 32 inch wide screen I believe.

Model Number is E320AR as stated in the subject.

This morning the power button wouldn't work, it's always been kind of funky and barely held into place on the back of the TV. Out of frustration I foolishly applied more force than necessary and finally popped the whole button assembly out which resulted in me opening up the back of the TV and fitting it back into place, it still doesn't work however, so while I have the thing open I thought I'd take pictures and see if anyone has any ideas.

http://imgur.com/a/fpEm1

The back label in case more info is needed.

The boards and such, note that I'm aware that the power cord is disconnected. That was so I could safely open it.

The back of the button assembly previously mentioned.

The button assembly wiring along the back of the case.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Last edited by DandyElephant on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As hinted at previous forum, a logical first question is whether it works with remote (that you don't have).
DandyElephant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
As hinted at previous forum, a logical first question is whether it works with remote (that you don't have).

Oh. Hello again. Yes, I don't have the remote. Is it necessary to purchase? Would I even be able to program it in its current condition? No offense intended, but I need advice that doesn't pertain to a non-existent remote.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVs contain a microprocessor (usually on their Main board). That microprocessor can receive a Power ON command either from the buttons on the customer keypad or from the remote. It's possible that the keypad itself could be bad, especially as you've described it receiving some abuse, the remote might still be able to operate the TV.

The remote I linked should already be programmed for the set and does not appear to be a Universal remote.

Of course, there could be a problem with the Main board or power supply.
DandyElephant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
TVs contain a microprocessor (usually on their Main board). That microprocessor can receive a Power ON command either from the buttons on the customer keypad or from the remote. It's possible that the keypad itself could be bad, especially as you've described it receiving some abuse, the remote might still be able to operate the TV.

The remote I linked should already be programmed for the set and does not appear to be a Universal remote.

Thank you for your help. I guess all I can do for now is wait for that remote to come in the mail... Confused
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternate Source for remote.
DandyElephant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remote just came in the mail. It didn't work. Where do I go from here?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:

Well, now that you've confirmed that your set won't respond to either Power On buttons, we need to confirm which BOARDS your set uses (Note: Power & main board have more than one variants).
DandyElephant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I figure out which one I need?

Edit: Is it possible that something just got bumped out of place and I don't have to install anything new into my tv?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clicking on 'BOARDS' should bring you to a website that has high resolution pictures of some, but not necessarily all, the boards used in your model TV.

Since you don't have pictures that I'm able to read board part numbers, location numbers, connector/pin numbers from ... and since YOU have the unit in front of you to obtain that info from ... we both need to be on the same page.
The next step is to troubleshoot and figure out which of the two boards are defective.

DandyElephant wrote:
Edit: Is it possible that something just got bumped out of place and I don't have to install anything new into my tv?

Doubtful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com