Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio E322VL LCD- Vertical Red Lines on black areas    

Hugo Stiglitz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Vizio E322VL LCD- Vertical Red Lines on black areas Reply with quote

Take a look at this- https://youtu.be/js5hQHhpXKA

(FYI, the flickering you see is from the camera not the LCD, the red lines are the only problem I've ever had with this TV)

Any ideas?

It does go away after a few minutes but it's a scary problem. I did some googling, and it can be a loose ribbon cable, but I checked them myself and they looked very secure as did all the other connectors on the MOBO.

As you can see in the video, it only shows up on the blackest areas and it does show up on the TV's menu's too which is how I know it's not an issue with the input device, though I did try others.

The weird thing is when it starts flowing across the screen. You can see a little bit of it in the video.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd start by disconnecting and reconnecting all the connectors. sometimes that helps with a loose connection.

After that, this sounds like a heat issue. It could be capacitors or just a loose trace on the board. A TCon can also cause this.

Last edited by kuhurdler on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Hugo Stiglitz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com