Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio E420-A0 - NO power on    

Killson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Vizio E420-A0 - NO power on Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a 3 year old Vizio E420-A0. For a few weeks now I had lots of problems turning the tv on. The power button on the tv should be the only way to turn it on but I would have to press it 3 or more times. Then one day it wouldn't turn on at all. So I opened the tv. All the competitors and everything looked fine. So I tested the voltage to the main board and it was good then I tested the power button and sensor and they where good too. I replaced the main board to see if the problem was there and the tv still hasn't turn on.

When you plug the tv in the power indicator turns on bright and then fades away. Then I try turning on the tv with the remote and side buttons and nothing happens.

My only guess is to try to replace the power supply board to fix it. I would like some with any ideas what is wrong.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll assume you mean capacitors ... NOT competitors.

How sure are you that you received a 'good' Main board?

Most contain a IC that 'may' be involved with your symptom (depends on board/variant number). For example:
http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-e420-a0-3642-1742-0150-main-board-us4-eeprom-only.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com