Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio E470I-A0 - won't power on   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

johnsaar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Vizio E470I-A0 - won't power on Reply with quote

Hello,

Here is the deal. I have a Vizio, Model No: E470I-A0. What the TV is now doing is whenever it is plugged into the wall, the power light shows up in the lower left corner (as it would if it was normally on). This light stays on no matter what you do, hit power button, other buttons, etc etc. Only way to turn it off is to unplug from wall.

I am not able to get any picture, sound, or any activity except for the power light. I took off the back panel and did not see or find any "bulging" capacitors or disconnected wires.

I would really appreciate the help if someone knows if there is something I can do to fix this, or is the TV shot and done? Appreciate your input.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power Supply connector CN201 voltages as you attempt to turn TV on/off? Especially BLU ON/OFF & PS ON/OFF.
johnsaar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS, I am not sure what you mean. Could you clarify?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Power supply board there should be a connector labeled 'CN201.'
Also printed near that same connector is a chart/table that identifies what each pin does - and in some cases the DC voltage that should be present.
Some pins should only have a voltage on them only when the TV is running. Some should have a voltage on them in standby (TV plugged into AC - Power button has yet to be pressed) and while the TV is running (After ONE press of the Power button).

I'd like to know which pins have voltage present and when.
johnsaar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the CN201, and I found the chart next to it. How do you determine which pins have power flowing through it at those specific times?[/img]
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DVM set to measure DC Volts will do nicely.
There is a '1' on the left and a '12' on the right of connector CN201. The chart shows what's on each pin. The pins I'm interested in are 1, 2 & 6 thru 9.
Place meter's black lead on metal of 'LUG 3' and measure (with Red lead) to each pin in turn. Write down your reading, then press Power button ONCE. Watching the meter as you press Power. Record reading. Move red lead to next pin I mentioned. Write down your reading, then press Power button ONCE. Record reading.
johnsaar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I have tested the pins you requested, here are the results

Pin 1- 5.22 consistently
Pin 2- 5.22 consistently
Pin 6- 0.14 consistently
Pin 7- 0.24 consistently
Pin 8- 0.00 consistently
Pin 9- 0.00 consistently

I wasn't able to see any jump or decrease in voltage on any of the pins. Anything else you'd like me to test?

The "power" light stayed on the entire time.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main board is likely.

Since you have 5 volts standby at the PS and NO command signal (PS ON/OFF) is reaching the PS from the Main board.
johnsaar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what does that mean? The whole main board is bad? Is there anyway to fix that or am I out of a TV.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the site I'm using, there is more than one Main board used by your model.
This site usually shows if there is a replacement surface mount part available (an EEPROM) that could be replaced - They do NOT show any for any of the Main boards shown for your model.
Fleahay is another possibility, but I am not about to search 4 times, once for each part number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com