Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio E550I-B2 - Replaced LED Driver but TV went black again    

drgoats

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Vizio E550I-B2 - Replaced LED Driver but TV went black again Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Vizio E550I - B2

First time with my own TV repair. TV went black but I can still see the picture with a flashlight. From what I understand, I needed a new LED Driver. I replaced it and the TV seemed to be working fine but within 1 hour it seems like the new LED Driver is not working anymore. I am thinking that something else is causing my LED driver to break. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LEDs inside the panel? Rolling Eyes

Version 1
Version 2
drgoats

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge amateur when it comes to this, but do I have a hard time thinking that it is the LEDs that are bad considering that replacing the LED driver seemed to fix the issue initially.

Is it possible that the Power Supply is causing the problem?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything's 'possible.' Replacing a board with a 'known-good' one is the only sure way of telling if defective. You may also want to examine the connector solder joints on the PS board.

Just for grins, with your flashlight, pull up the backlight intensity control. See if it is at MAX setting.
drgoats

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The backlight is at max.

I have a little more information that may be helpful.

My TV has a power supply/LED Driver and a separate LED Driver. This was a little confusing to me when I purchased so I only got the LED Driver. I think I may have wanted to replace both pieces initially? If it is my Power Supply/LED Driver that is bad, is it possible that it damaged my new LED Driver and I should try replacing both boards now?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Anything's 'possible.' Replacing a board with a 'known-good' one is the only sure way of telling if defective. You may also want to examine the connector solder joints on the PS board.

Just for grins, with your flashlight, pull up the backlight intensity control. See if it is at MAX setting.
drgoats

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thanks, I missed that part. I think that may be beyond my skill level. Before the other day, I have never even heard of these parts or seen inside of an LED TV. I was hoping that replacing parts would be a good affordable fix, at least much cheaper than replacing the TV.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many how-to soldering videos on utube.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com