Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio E601i-A3 - Bad Picture Until Warmed Up    

bbright

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Vizio E601i-A3 - Bad Picture Until Warmed Up Reply with quote

I have a Vizio E601i-A3 TV that displays an oddly pixelated picture. It is difficult to describe, so I have asked the administrator to attach a picture to this post.

The strange part is that if I leave the TV on for about 5-10 minutes, the picture clears up and is fine until I turn it off again. I think that it has something to do with the TV warming up, if I turn it off then immediately back on, the picture is fine.

It might also be worth noting that I have tried this from several different sources on different inputs and the results are the same. Even the TV menus show this weird pixilation until it is "warmed" up.

I've looked at a lot of videos online but none seem to show this problem. Any assistance diagnosing this problem and determining the parts needed to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspect for bad caps, try heating the boards with a hair dryer. This set has history of bad tcons.
bbright

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have inspected the caps and all seems well. I replaced the t-con and there was some improvement. Now the screen has vertical red lines across the screen. The red lines are about 1/2 inch and are equally spaced across the entire screen. Any recommendations on fixing this?
bbright

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red lines are actually closer to 1/8 inch apart. It looks like a pinstriped suit. Unfortunately, I want it to look like a TV.
bbright

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a little experiment and swapped the ribbon cables from the t-con to the panel. The red lines became blue/gray lines and may be part of normal operation. I hooked the TV to a dish receiver and a bluray player. The pictures on both were sharp and clear, better than I've ever experienced with this TV. The only problem now is there is frequent pixelation in high contrast areas. It's like a couple of small lines briefly appear shifted to the right. I notice this most in the TVs onscreen menus and in the closed caption on the Dish signal but it also occurs in the picture when high contrast areas are adjacent to each other. Think black words printed on a white background or the opposite. This problem is like a quick twitch that immediately corrects itself but it is just annoying enough to make it worth mentioning. Any ideas about what's happening or suggestions for the next step?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

bbright

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally solved the pixel / blue line issue. The initial problem was solved by a new t-con board. After that I still had pixels lighting in the wrong spots and light blue vertical lines across the entire screen. Turns out that the lvds contacts on the main board were dirty. After cleaning those contacts all is back to normal.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the follow up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com