Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio GV47L FHDTV screen black    

Critofer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Vizio GV47L FHDTV screen black Reply with quote

Hey guys,

So I got a Vizio GV47L Tv. My friend gave it to me because he said it was broken but it looked in perfect condition so I am trying to fix it.

When I plug in the TV the VIZIO symbol turns orange. When you press the power button on the tv it will turn the VIZIO symbol white then the symbol dims. the power button, channel, volume, menu, source etc.. turn orange. Nothing then responds. the tv stays black the backlight doesnt turn on. you cant shut off the tv unless you unplug it. the volume channels etc buttons dont do anything.

I took the back off the tv and took a piece of wire and put it on each end of the F3 fuse then turned the TV back on. the backlight on the tv comes on now. the power, channel, volumes, bttons turn from orange then turn dark. Like I said the TV turns on now but nothing still works, the tv still wont shut off unless you unplug it. channel and volume does nothing.

I am 16 years old so I dont really now what I am doing. I would really like to fix this thing because It would be the best TV in my house.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Chris
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally most newer sets are going to "look" to be in "perfect condition." This is because the lifespan of these sets is quite low (compared to CRT sets).

You DO know there's a reason Vizio chose NOT to save a penny or two by hard-wiring in a wire in place of that fuse?
If the set is continually blowing the correct value fuse - there is a reason.

Hope you have smoke detectors in your residence. Especially if it's old and uses a screw-in fuse fusebox.
Critofer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Anyone else have any idea on how to fix this tv?
2004FLHRSI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did your symptom change when you bypassed the fuse? I don't read that in your original post, if it did. Was the fuse blown? Easiest test is with an ohm meter on low setting. (power removed!) Or by using a neon circuit tester across the fuse (with power on)

If you never get the backlights to turn-up, I'd say the problem is in your PS - but need to make sure the PS is being commanded to turn-on. There should be a trigger from the other board.

If you've bypassed a fuse, you've got a smoker in the making. Remember, all TV's are old enough to smoke. Beware.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com