Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio GV47LFHDTV10A color display    

fostagnasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Vizio GV47LFHDTV10A color display Reply with quote

Vizio 47" LCD television
Model: GV47LFHDTV10A
Problem: Display color issue

Posted this before, but this time with some pics...

Already replaced the LVDS cable, and it seemed to fix the issue, for about 5 minutes, then the color distortion returned. For all I know the short-lived remission was simply due to the television not being turned on for 2 weeks and had nothing to do with the newly installed cable..or I guess the new cable could be bad. Is a new mainboard my next step? Help!

Last edited by fostagnasty on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eyesight must be worse than I thought. Smile

I can't see any picture, links to pictures, etc.
fostagnasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I sent the moderator a couple of pictures to add because I don't belong to a picture server, I guess they haven't gotten to it.

Maybe I'll find a free server and get them on their myself. If you'd look back then, I'd appreciate it.
fostagnasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the first picture, the vertical band on the right is supposed to be there, an advertising band inserted by the station, but on the last picture on the blue screen, the pink vertical stripe is symptom of the problem.
fostagnasty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting no love here. Vizparts says it would either be the Mainboard or the T-con board. Anyone know if either of those is particularly problematic on this TV?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if your set bucks the trend?

Some symptoms can only be pared down to a "it's this, or it's that" choice.

You treat each board or module as a "black box," confirm as many VCCs, inputs and outputs as possible, then takes your best "guess."
fostagnasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little new at this, but willing to learn. So I should be testing output voltages of both boards. If I find a greater amount of variance in one board versus the other with regard to specs, I would replace that board first?

Anyone offer any guidance as to where I find the voltage figures for each output?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://elektrotanya.com/vizio_gv47l_fhdtv10a_lcd_tv_sm.pdf/download.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com