Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio l42hdtv10a - no signal and shuts off in 3 seconds   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

theseadoomaster

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Vizio l42hdtv10a - no signal and shuts off in 3 seconds Reply with quote

vizio 42 inch l42hdtv10a lcd that says no signal and shuts off after 3 seconds,any suggestions?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

curt wolfe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This set be in rgb setting and will shutdown. Try prshing "input" 3 times fast as soon as you turn the set on. Had one of these and this worked for me. Sometimes it may take several tries
quirmche

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same exact symptoms.

I attempted the power on and rapidly pressing the input button on both the remote and the side panel and no go!

The Vizio Tech on the toll free line, said it may be stuck in rgb mode(whatever that is?). To clear this, unplug the unit and hold the power button for 30 seconds and that resets the unit.

Then reattempt the power on and rapidly press the input button.

None of this worked for me, so he said it may be either the Power Supply or the Main Board.

He refered me to the out of warranty service HDRepair. $85 they come to your home and diagnose the problem for you and provide a written estimate. (I haven't received this yet)

The repair man came opened unit and did some voltage testing and believes the Main Board is bad. He actually pointed to the large chip on the board.

Checked some sources on internet including ebay and there are used parts out there as well as new. Best price I found was $129 for the Main Board but I'm not sure if it is used or new. The Highest price was close to $400, quite cost prohibitive. (May as well get a new one!!)

Thought I would mention this and will follow up!
gundy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: fixed i hope 4 good Reply with quote

my vizio tv was also turning off after i had just turned it on, so i tried what curt wolfe said just it the input button several times, so i did and it works.dont know if its a temporary fix or fixed 4 good or if i have to do that input thing again. will it last or should i try and get it fixed? yes,i do have a repairman going to look at the tv, but do i need to at this time?
Wericwilliams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Fix Reply with quote

My tv did exact same thing - it IS stuck in RGV input mode (computer monitor input mode). None of the other fixes worked, so I just plugged in a monitor RGB cable to my computer and the tv RGB input and then the tv came in just fine - I was then able to change the input mode on the tv with the remote and get to correct input for my tv (hdmi 1) - problem solved. Just plug in a computer ti RGB input of tv and ut fixes it.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Almazan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: visio L42HDTV10A Reply with quote

Hello friends, I spend the same with this type of TV.
the solution was to resolder chip U11 (MT8202AG) and it'll work great.
I wish to Thank You, greetings from Tamaulipas Mexico
cb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Fix Reply with quote

Wericwilliams wrote:
My tv did exact same thing - it IS stuck in RGV input mode (computer monitor input mode). None of the other fixes worked, so I just plugged in a monitor RGB cable to my computer and the tv RGB input and then the tv came in just fine - I was then able to change the input mode on the tv with the remote and get to correct input for my tv (hdmi 1) - problem solved. Just plug in a computer ti RGB input of tv and ut fixes it.

Thank you. I just spent 5 hours trying to get out of the RGB mode including contacting viso tech support twice and getting disconnected. These blogs are better than tech support. Your advice corrected my problem. Thanks again
woody4238

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: RGB Connection to Computer Reply with quote

I tried everything suggested, only hooking my TV to a computer using a RGB cord allowed the TV to stay on so I could adjust to the proper setting. THANKS for the insight!!!
mtst73

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: vizio l42hdtv10a Reply with quote

Very Happy I just picked up one of these today for free.same problem, found this forum and guess what? hooked it to my computer,changed the input mode and it works! I come across this model all the time. I think i will be taking them for now on!
padresde8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: tv stuck in rgb mode, turns off automatically Reply with quote

I got the fix for this from Vizio tech support. Hold down the Input button on the side (or back ) of the tv WITHOUT using the power button first. After a few seconds, the tv will power on, and you will see the input menu displayed. Quickly push the "channel up" or "channel down" button to select a different input. The key here is to do this quickly, as you will only have a few seconds until the tv cycles off again. I usually have one finger on the channel up or down button before I push the input button, just to make sure I can do this before it shuts down. Works like a charm!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com