Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio Plasma VS/VSCAN Puzzle    

Tjp444

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Vizio Plasma VS/VSCAN Puzzle Reply with quote

I'm working on a Vizio 42" plasma VP422, the previous owner said it went dead, he took the back off and in the process put a crack in the glass so he gave it to me.

The panel is OK and I **think** the power supply is OK, the supply voltages are all within spec. Here's the puzzle: I can have any three buffers attached to the screen at a time and those parts of the screen look fine. As I add buffers (unplugging the set each time), vscan on the Y-main keeps dropping and the picture gets worse and worse. I checked the ESR of all the caps on the supply and replaced one on each board (supply and Y-main) for being suspect but not way out. I checked the semiconductors on the y-main, replaced one shorted diode (not a heat sinked one), before I replaced that there was no vscan at all.

So, is it the power supply not supplying enough current, bring the vscan down under load, or is it the y-main failing in some undetermined way?

Thanks for your thoughts on this.....
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com