Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio VF551 VXT - IR Sensor Issue    

mx1alex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Vizio VF551 VXT - IR Sensor Issue Reply with quote

So after doing some online research I have come to the conclusion that the IR sensor on my Vizio VF551 VXT has quit working. It took removing about 50 screws to get to it and remove but now the problem is I can't find a replacement!

Anyone have any idea where I can find this part? I have found some similar but they are not the exact same part number so I'm not sure they would work.

3655-0012-0189

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost any 3-terminal remote sensor will work - at least well enough for testing/proof of correct diagnosis.
The three terminal sensors from many junk TVs are easily obtained.
From following the traces on the boards it should be possible to identify 1) the ground pin; 2) the B-Plus pin & 3) the signal pin.

You may find that the set still doesn't respond to a/the remote (you could always check for B-Plus with a DVM and signal on the signal pin with a oscilloscope), in which case the Main board is suspect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com