Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio VO42LHDTV10A no picture, no sound    

bczippy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Vizio VO42LHDTV10A no picture, no sound Reply with quote

I have a Vizio VO42LHDTV10A that recently stopped working. It has no sound and no picture.

I have replaced both the main board and the power supply and still no luck. There are no visible signs of blown caps or scorching any where on the old boards, and the t-con and both inverters appear to be working. Doing the flashlight test, I do not see a light image, so I do not think that it is the inverters.

The remote control and side panel both control the tv perfectly. The power comes on, I can change the input (as evidenced by my using a dvi -hdmi converter with my computer , and the computer switching to a multiple desktop view when I switch to that HDMI input).

Any ideas? I can understand their being no picture if there was something wrong on one of the inverters that I just am not seeing, but with no sound, it throws me for a loop, especially after replacing the main board.

Thanks for your help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general IF something is wrong with a inverter, you WOULD still have sound and the flashlight test would have shown a very dim picture.

Since you have NO sound and NO picture that would tend to point to the power supply or main board.

Since you say you've swapped the main board ???
Is the symptom the SAME with each board?
bczippy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have replaced both the main board and the power supply.

The only combo I haven't tried is the original main board with the new power supply which I will do tonight. I'm wondering if the new board which is recertified might be slightly different, although all the numbers and parts match up.

So new main board, and new power supply and still no video or sound, which seems weird to me, as I think I should have at least sound of some sort.

Any other thoughts?

and thanks for replying!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com