Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio VP422 No Picture    

gaelec

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Vizio VP422 No Picture Reply with quote

I have a Vizio VP422 Plasma. Its made completely of Samsung boards and screen.

LJ41-05077A "Y-Buffer Driver"
LJ41-05075A "Y-Main Board"
LJ41-05244A "Power Supply"
LJ41-05078A "Logic Board"
LJ41-05079A "LB-E Buffer"
LJ41-05080A "LB-F Buffer"
LJ41-05076A "X-Main Board"
LJ41-05410A "X-Buffer"
0171-2272-2587 "Digital Video Board"

The problem I am having is the TV will power on and has sound, but no display at all. The volume works and you can change the channel but the display is completely dead. The power supply has all the correct voltages with no ripple there are no blown fuses on any of the boards. I did a component test on both th X-Main and the Y-Main and both seem to be functioning properly. The logic board has two LEDs on it LED1 and LED2. Upon start up LED1 & LED2 both light up for a few seconds then LED2 goes out and LED1 constantly blinks. There are several test points on all the boards but I am not sure whats supposed to be there. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Or would anybody have a service manual that shows what waveforms are supposed to be at the test points?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaelec wrote:
I did a component test on both th X-Main and the Y-Main and both seem to be functioning properly."

Just curious. What does a component test consist of?
gaelec

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By component test i mean that I pulled the boards off and tested each component 1 at the time to verify that they were good. Capacitors with my DMM and ESR meter, MOSFETS, Diodes and transistors with my component analyzer, curve tracer and DMM and ICs by downloading the data sheets and checking as well as possible the rail voltage and outputs with my Scope and DMM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com