Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Vizio VW47LF HDTV10A - only works in HDMI mode.    

boatdrinks77

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Vizio VW47LF HDTV10A - only works in HDMI mode. Reply with quote

Hi guys, new to the forum. My son bought this Vizio VW47LFHDTV10A a year ago (used) and the remote never worked. I decided to fix it last weekend. I assumed it was the IR remote pwb. The wiring harness going from the IR and Power button board to the main board was damaged (like someone was messing with it) when I pulled it off main board, 6 of the 10 wires pulled off the connector. I tried to re-install them and I shorted something out because one of the surface mounted fuses (3A) blew. I got a wiring harness off ebay along with the IR remote sensor pwb and button pwb. Re-installed, replaced the 3A fuse and the TV power up as usual. Then tried the remote --success !! The remote was working.

The TV powers up in HDMI 1 mode. I used the remote to change input and it went to HDMI 2, then HDMI 3, The next mode is "TV' and when it goes to the TV input, the television powers off. This happens in EVERY mode except HDMI 1,2,3. All HDMI inputs work fine. I asked my son if it always did this and he said he didn't know because all he ever used was HDMI inputs. When the TV shuts off, it goes into a locked state and I cannot turn back on until I unplug the power cord.

I CANNOT turn the TV on with the remote, but I CAN turn it off with the remote. You must hold the "POWER" button on the side of the TV down until you hear the relay click on the power supply board and then the TV will turn on. If you simply hit the power switch, the TV will NOT turn on. Its always been like this.

I pulled all the caps off the power supply board and tested them with a cap tester my friend has and they all checked good.

When the TV shuts down, I have 5v at one of the fuses, but the other fuse that usually has 12v on it goes to 0.

DO I HAVE A MAIN BOARD OR POWER SUPPLY PROBLEM ???? I know one of you experts out there can help me !!!! Thanks in advance, Dan Smile
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

boatdrinks77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this site for technicians ?? Or just weekend warriors trying to repair TV's ? Been waiting a week for a reply..... I figured there would be at least one VIZIO technician to reply something..... lol

I ordered both the main PWB and Power supply PWB and they arrived yesterday. I'll let you guys know what I find.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weekend warrior here. Definitely the main board.
boatdrinks77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replaced the main board and all my problems were fixed. Hope this thread helps others out. Dan Very Happy
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it working. Thanks for posting back.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com