Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
WD-52525 Scrambled Inputs    

HawkinsTech

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: WD-52525 Scrambled Inputs Reply with quote

Hi All, This is my first post and I'm hoping you can help me limp my DLP along until I can find an LCD, Plasma or LED TV to fix and then replace this guy.

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52525. I picked it up from a co-worker about 3 years ago. I replaced pretty much every cap on the chassis. It worked wonderfully for 2 years and then died about 6 months ago. It turned out that timing cap for the SMPS on the power board was dead. After replacing it, the TV powers up and the digital tuner works perfectly.

The catch is that none of the inputs beside the Tuner are functioning properly.

Rather than trying to explain what the inputs do, here is a YouTube video of what it does:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDEguactsUE

The picture is supposed to be a blue rectangle in the middle of the screen with "No Image" in white. This happens on all of the inputs including HDMI and VGA.

I've been searching all over the schematics to find something that is common to all of the signals beside the tuner but I haven't come across anything yet.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

HawkinsTech

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I figured I would try a little troubleshooting to see how far the video gets before it gets scrambled.

I hooked another known working TV to the composite monitor output of the DLP.

When the DLP has a scrambled component or HDMI signal, the monitor has no signal. However, when the input is composite or the tuner, the monitor has a clear picture and the DLP still has a a scrambled picture.

I haven't looked up the implications of this yet in the service manual but it might be a step closer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com