Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Wes Emert Citywide Thief, Fraud, Crook, Cheat    
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> Anything Goes

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Wes Emert Citywide Thief, Fraud, Crook, Cheat Reply with quote

I had a Chevy S-10 truck with a bad engine in it. So I was looking for somewhere to work on it. I came across an ad in the Kansas City newspaper that sells and installs used engines.
Supposedly they get engines from insurance wrecks and salvage yards and install them.

So, I paid $1200 to have a used engine installed. They took forever to "install" my engine and I drove away from the place thinking this engine sounded much the same as my old engine. Three weeks later, I had my local Chevy dealer confirm that the engine ID # matched the original VIN for my truck. I basically paid $1200 to have him spit-shine my engine. And he beat the heck out of my truck while it was in the shop.

If you ever come across this Scam artist, do not do business with him. I am currently looking into what Missouri court options are available to recover my money:

Wes Emert
Citywide Auto Repair
3637 Fremont Ave
Kansas City, MO 64129
Tel:(816)923-1031

Other possible addresses and names he does "business" under:
C & N Auto Repair
P & L Sales
1700 Kimberwick Ct, Raymore, MO 64083
3618 Fremont Ave, Kansas City, MO 64129
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to look up his records with the Missouri court system and with the Missouri attorney generals office. He has dozens of complaints dating clear back into the early 90s.
tothepoint

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Wes Emert Reply with quote

Did you ever get any of your money back. He is still in the business of screwing people. I am now one of them.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope. sorry to hear of your loss.

I thought the State of Missouri was going to help me resolve it. But apparently the state attorney general just sends out letters every 6 weeks asking if you've already resolved it yourself.

I could have paid $75 to take him to court. I'd have to take a day off work to do so, and I assume he would never pay the judgement. Since he owns his own business that only deals in cash there is no way to garnish his wages.

One thing that has since been suggested to me was to report the "income" I paid him to the IRS. I'm not sure how that works, but it sounds like an idea worth pursuing.

In the end, I decided I needed to let it go. Emotionally it still makes me boil inside. I kind of assume that some day he will piss off the wrong guy and will be "taken care" of.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to post your details if you'd like to build some background info for others.

You're not the first person I've heard from since I posted this.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:

I thought the State of Missouri was going to help me resolve it. But apparently the state attorney general just sends out letters every 6 weeks asking if you've already resolved it yourself.

Wow, 4 days after I wrote this message badmouthing them, the state of Missouri Atty general office mailed me a check for $191. The letter said they had received partial payment of the restitution due to me.

After 3+ years, it's been such a long time since this occurred, that it's hard to believe that this timing is a coincidence. Did someone from MO actually read this post? Now, I've received $300 back initially from Wes, and he "promised" to pay the remaining $900. With this new total, it now looks like he only owes me $709 now.

Thank you, Missouri Atty Gen office. Please Keep it up.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the summary I had typed up for the Atty Generals office years ago:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

1995 Chevrolet S-10 4.3L Engine
engine status: engine currently runs, but rattles badly when driving, especially at high-throttle. It has been stated by many mechanics that I have called that it is only a matter of time before the engine fails. It was clear that this engine needs to be replaced or rebuilt.

Oct 29, 2008 (estimated date). - Contacted Mr Emert by phone to get a quote. Quoted: $550 for used engine, $500 for installation of used engine.

Nov 2 (exact dates from this point forward) - Called Mr. Emert by phone to purchase engine and schedule installation. He requested that I come to his shop and pay for the engine. He stated it could be installed on approximately Nov 8.

Nov 2 - I drove to his shop and was told that he did not accept payment by credit card. He required payment by check for the engine in advance. I agreed to have the truck towed to the shop and would place a check in the amount of $550 on the front car-seat for him.

Nov 2 - Had AAA tow my truck to Mr. Emert's shop and paid $550 by check as agreed.

Nov 8 - Received a call from Mr. Emert saying the engine my truck required was not available. However, he could acquire one from another location for an additional $100, and install it. I agreed to pay an additional $100 by check when I came to pick up the truck.

Nov 12-Nov 16 - I called each day to check on the status. I was told installation total would be an additional $50 to cover extra parts. Total installation $550 was to be paid by cash at the time of pickup.

Nov 17 - Called several times to check on status, each time being told it was almost finished and to call back in an hour. I was finally told it was finished at approximately 6pm.

Nov 17 - Went to pick up truck. Test drove truck, and paid $550 installation cash amount and $100 check to Mr Emert for the additional engine cost. Truck engine sounded very similar to the way it did when I brought it in. I requested to see the old engine and was told it had already been traded in as a “core deposit” on my new engine. I drove home. I was told many times and in multiple ways that this was a used engine with approximately 70k miles. It was dark out, and I could not notice any damage to the truck body.

Nov 18 - Noticed multiple locations of damage the body of the truck. Locations of damage include large scrapes in the front bumper, paint scrapes above left-rear well, and right rear bumper. 2 cover/trim plates below the windshield were also broken. I also found that the license plate was hanging by one odd bolt, and it was not the original license plate bolts. I assume they removed the license plate for some unknown purpose. I am not interested in seeking any compensation for the damages to my truck body or paint. I hope they did not use my license plate to commit any crimes.

Nov 18 – Nov 28 – Much of this time I was out of town for the Thanksgiving holiday. I suspected throughout this time that it was the original engine and spent many hours researching if there was a method to identify if it was the original engine. I was told by the Chevy service center at McCarthy Chevrolet that there is a unique identification number stamped on each engine at the factory, and that they would be able to confirm if the engine was original.

Nov 29 - Took truck to McCarthy Chevrolet auto service center to confirm that engine identification number was original to the vehicle. McCarthy confirmed that the vehicle was original to the vehicle. Paid McCarthy $28.91 for this service.

Nov 29 - Called Mr Emert to discuss a refund. Mr Emert asked to call me back when he could find out what happened.

Nov 29 - Mr Emert called me and said that his shop did not install a used engine and was unsure what work was actually performed on my vehicle. He said that he would refund the installation price and deliver an engine to any location I would like to have it installed at. I requested to be refunded the full amount I had paid. Mr Emert said he could refund me for the price of the engine but that the workers in his shop would have to refund the installation fee, and that I should contact them. I disagreed and requested a full refund from him. We set up a time to meet for a refund on at 1:00pm Dec 1st.

Dec 1st – Called multiple times to confirm that Mr Emert would be at his shop to pay the refund. He did not answer his phone and would not return my messages. He finally answered the phone at 6 oclock and said he was heading to a country western show. He said we could meet at 1 pm the following day.

Dec 2nd – Called multiple times to confirm Mr Emert would be at his shop to pay the refund. He did not answer the phone and did not return my messages. He finally answered around 4 and stated that he was at the Chiefs game, and would not be able to meet me today. He would call me when he was able to meet.

Dec 3 – I called Mr. Emert and he agreed to met me at a Gas Station at I-435 & Roe to refund me for the engine cost. However, upon meeting he only paid $300 at this time. He said he would refund more the following week.

Dec 10 – Called Mr Emert to set up a time to meet for the remainder of my refund. He stated he did not have the money, and could not refund me at this time. He stated he would have it soon, and would call me when he was able to repay me.

Dec 11 - 23 - Many calls, (approximately 3 per week) to request a refund. Mr Emert said he was not able to refund me because he did not have the funds available.

after this time, I contact the MO state atty general's office.

Jan 5, 2009 – Received a call from Mr Emert at my home and was told that he wanted to meet me Tuesday at the gas station on I-435 & Roe at 4pm to give me my refund. I agreed.

Jan 8 – I Called Mr to confirm our meeting time. He stated that he would not be able to make it at that time and that he would call me the following day.

No phone calls or conversations have taken place since that time.

Total Paid to Mr Emert's Business $1200
Total refunded to me at this point - $300

----------------------------------------------
Now Mr Emert has paid me another $191 dollars,
so $709 is all that remains.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com