Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Westinghouse LCD #W33001    

_David

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Westinghouse LCD #W33001 Reply with quote

Unit came in with the connector from the 12v power supply melted where it plugs into the main board. Power Supply seems to be working OK. TV is not powering up, green light does not even come on, TV is dead.

My question is could something on the main board have caused the damaged to the power supply. Is the Main board the problem? Can't find anything shorted. Where can you get parts for Westinghouse? Anyone have any experience with these units?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

_Tony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of these westinghouse units are over the counter exchange I called the company a month ago for a part and they said the unit I was working on was a exchange only but the customer would pay the shipping . They also said no sales receipt was needed they just wanted to get them out of circulation. I got westinghouses number from google search and they had a website.
_WILL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loose connection melted the plug. Now you have no connection.
_David

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I found someone who said they had one with the same problem and they removed the connector and hard wired it in place and viola FIXED. I guess I will give it a try. I'll let you know the outcome.
_Ming

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, The 12V connector melt, that is very common things. The main board has no any problem, because the connector as to feed about 12.5A current to the unit, The connector is very small size the surface of the pin will get oxide. after sometimes it will have higher contacting ohms and generate heat. It is very easy to fix it put in a strong connector for both the supply and the TV. Tv will work again.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com