Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Westinghouse LD-4695 - Burn in or ghosting?    

Hazard15301

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Westinghouse LD-4695 - Burn in or ghosting? Reply with quote

Hello guys! Looking to get some advice on my TV. It is a Westinghouse 46'' LED, I am aware it's still an LCD from my research. Having trouble finding a model number though. The issue is with vertical lines, such as menus in my xbox 360. It's kind of hard to explain, maybe because I'm not familiar with the terminology. It also makes researching the problem a little difficult, hence why I'm reaching out here. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

One
Two

The second one is easier to make out if you zoom out.

The vertical lines are not burned in, they move with the image on the screen. I only see them on the top half of the screen, and they get darker/more pronounced the closer to the center of the screen you get. They get lighter and fade out the closer they get to the left and right edges. Also, any static images on the screen burn in very quickly, within 5 or 6 minutes. It goes away within 15 to 20 minutes.
Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm not afraid to disassemble the TV and replace parts, I just don't have the slightest idea where to start.

Last edited by Hazard15301 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Hazard15301

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another photo I was unable to upload last night, shows another symptom.

Three
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than user manuals there doesn't seem to be much on this model either at my usual haunts or online.

Vertical ghosting-type 'lines' can be caused by the Main board, Tcon board or the panel. Or even a bad connection.
I'd start by pulling any FFC cables leading to or from the tcon board, cleaning the ends and reinserting them back into their sockets. Tightening screws that secure the various boards may eliminate any bad grounding issues.

Sorry for the delay. New posts generate an email, edits do not.
Hazard15301

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sounds good. I looked into the price of parts in case I would have to get into that. The t-con I found anywhere between $25-$45. The main board is a little harder to find, but they list an eeprom chip that's on the main board that's supposedly replaceable. I'll start checking for loose connections and screws and report back with any findings. Thanks.

*edit

Ok, so I removed the back panel and checked and tightened all the screws mounting the boards, and I pulled ever connector I had access to, wiped each ribbon cable connection with a cloth, and used compressed air and blew out each plug. Reassembled and fired it back up, no changes. I guess the next logical step is replacing the t-con, since it's the cheapest part to get,unless there's anything else I should look at.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they list an eeprom chip that's on the main board that's supposedly replaceable.

Check the symptoms it MAY fix and the other caveat tw-69601-u046b
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

note: That's a surface mount Eeprom chip... above the average DIY type solder skills. It doesn't really look eeprom related IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com