TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

Advertise Here  
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Westinghouse LTV-32w6 HD    

judah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Westinghouse LTV-32w6 HD Reply with quote

I've been trying to repair this tv. When ever I push the power button the led just blinks on and right back off. I test all the parts on the power supply every thing was good. When I reconnected it, it came back on. But when I tried to turn it off it stayed on. So I hit surge protector so I could move it closer to the cable cord. Try again and it just blinks again. Anyone have any ideas?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not know much about this brand, however.

This symptom is common in some brands.
Disconnect and leave disconnected the T-Con ribbon cable (carefully and do not tear) and try to turn the set on.

If the set turns on the backlight may come on. You will not get a picture in this condition but the backlight may turn on. If it does, observe to see if there is a colored starburst condition on the screen.

Reason to do this.

If you have children (not trying to pick on them of course) you may have a broken screen. (you cannot see the break on a LCD when the set is off.) These screens are fragil and are easily broken and if you can get the backlights to light a broken screen becomes VERY obvious.

Here's hoping your screen is ok.

Jesse
judah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx I'll give it a try. The brand Westinghouse btw .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2013 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com