Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Westinghouse VR-4090 - standby and power light, dead otherwi    

Timtap

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Westinghouse VR-4090 - standby and power light, dead otherwi Reply with quote

Hello, thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

This tv was stored in a storage unit for a few months during a move. It was in the hot summer, so that could have contributed.

Otherwise, it operated normally and without incident after the move until a few weeks later when the ATT cable guy came out to set up tv and Internet.

Basically, it would turn on sometimes, and other times you'd have to unplug it (the button would not turn it off) in order to get the red standby light, then press power again to get the blue power light. We had to cycle through 2-5 times to get it to have a picture. Once it booted up, it was 100% functional. If it didn't work, there was no audio or video, just the blue power light.

Over time, it took more and more cycles of trying to turn it on to work. Recently, with 30+ cycles, it won't turn on at all.

I've torn the thing apart. Nothing is burned, no caps are bubbled, nothing is abnormal *looking*. My old multimeter broke and I have yet to replace it, but I'm willing to purchase one. I'll get one this week most likely. I also have a soldering iron.

The lamps are ok. No darkening on them.

I'll be posting pics tonight once I figure it out.

Thank you! I refuse to replace this set until I know it's going to cost me more to fix.

Photos: https://goo.gl/photos/dwZmikETmJzLzKMd8
Tim[/img]
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the power supply, how do the capacitors that are on the hidden under that metal heatsink look?
Timtap

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't look abnormal. No bubbling or anything.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll have to get that meter going and measure the voltages from the power supply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com