Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Zenith 25" SZ2515PN (1983): Horizontal Lines    

jimjr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Zenith 25" SZ2515PN (1983): Horizontal Lines Reply with quote

Hi, This is my first posting! I have a 1983, 25" Zenith console TV set. The Model # is: SZ2515PN. Shortly after the digital changeover (I have RCN), a few light-colored horizontal lines appeared in the top 1/4 of the CRT. They slowly expanded and now cover the top 1/3 of the screen. They are almost see-through at times, but also seem to reflect part of the picture as a mirror image when they are most visible. I have not tried to hook up a VCR or DVD player (with the RCN cable disconnected) as a substitute signal to see if the cable is at fault. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem as a result of the conversion to digital TV, or maybe a problem with the set itself? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks, jimjr
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vertical foldover. Defective electrolytic capacitor in vertical output circuitry. Wink
jimjr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957- Thanks for the quick response! I didn't ask in my first post, but any leads on schematics ? I'd like to have one on-hand just in case. I want to keep this old set alive for as long as possible! I'll let you know how I make out on the cap. replacement. Take care, jimjr
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're only now looking for service literature? Don't you think it's a little late in the set's life? Very Happy

Next time I go down to basement shop I'll have a look-see.
jimjr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I appreciate your looking in your archives. I really never thought of getting a service manual because the set has run perfectly until recently. Take care, jimjr
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com