Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Zenith 40” Proj. HDTV R40W46 buzzing arc sound †   

wut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Zenith 40” Proj. HDTV R40W46 buzzing arc sound †Reply with quote

I have a Zenith R40W46 that does not power on. When it’s plugged in the red LED on the front of the set is lit, and light can be seen coming from the bottom of the projection heads or whatever three projectors are.

When the button is pressed there is a repeating clicking sound something like a 60Hz voltage arcing, light is no longer emitted from the bottom of the three projection heads and the aforementioned red LED dims in these moments. To reproduce this I must wait at least 5 seconds before pressing the power button again.

This set has been repaired in the past and from what I understand it was a different problem. My guess is that a capacitor has blown in the power unit.
Any suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com