Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Zenith/Bose SC2793P HOT blows    

GBertolet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Zenith/Bose SC2793P HOT blows Reply with quote

My TV keeps blowing the HOT. I had been hearing loud pops occasionally for about a week before the TV finally went. If I replace the HOT, the tv will run fine for about 15 minutes, until it blows again, with a loud pop through the speakers. I did notice the picture froze a few times for a second, in that 15 minute time frame before the HOT blew. I sort of think it's the flyback transformer with an intermittent short, but I have no way to tell. I do have a couple of used spare boards. A horizontal sweep 9-367-07 without the flyback, and a 9-370-06 vertical sweep/power board, along with a schematic. Any ideas on if I am on the right track for diagnosis. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

GBertolet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for a transformer for the pincushion circuit on the sweep mod of this set. One of the coils are open. The Zenith part is 95-3146-05A. Does anyone have a source for discontinued Zenith parts, or a list of substitutes that could work?
GBertolet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Need repair manual Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a television repair manual geared to older Zenith televisions. I have the CM-138 service manual, which is basicly just the schematics and setup. It doesn't really tell me how to troubleshoot bad components, having flow charts etc. I have downloaded the Zenith Z tips. Maybe I am missing something on the download, because it doesn't tell me much regarding my series of set or boards, or gives me access to the tech notes it often refers me to, for similar troubles on other types of sets or boards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com