Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Zenith D52WLCD - bulb failure issue    

hawknmo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Zenith D52WLCD - bulb failure issue Reply with quote

I recently replaced the bulb on my Zenith D52WLCD television because the unit was shutting itself down after about 1 minute of use and then displaying an amber LED on the lamp indicator next to the power light. The replacement bulb worked for about 3 weeks, but now itís shutting down again after about 30 minutes also resulting in the amber LED on the lamp indicator.

The replacement bulb is not OEM so Iím wondering if Iím just dealing with an inferior product or if there is a bigger issue causing the faulty lamp indicator? I put the original lamp back into the set and confirmed that it still shuts down within 1 minute.

Should I invest the money in an OEM bulb and hope for the best or amI just wasting money with this approach? The factory bulb was much brighter with better color than the replacement which makes want to have an OEM replacement anyway, however, the television is 7 years old and while Iím still happy with the picture quality I donít want to invest a lot into this older technology.

I have not been able to find a way to reset the lamp counter on this unit. Iíve tried different key combinations from the remote and buttons on the front of the television that Iíve found online without success. Could not resetting the lamp timer when the bulb was replaced be contributing to the issue?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com