Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Zenith L20V34S Completely DEAD    

tstrachan22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Zenith L20V34S Completely DEAD Reply with quote

Zenith LCD flat screen 20in
Model: L20V34S
Manufactured: Oct 2005
Listed Health Care Facility TV

Hello all, TV wont turn on (no red light either)after turning it off from the night before. Here's what I've tried:

WHEN AS IS
-Checked to make sure on/off switch on rear of TV was indeed "on".
-Tried using the remote and the actual TV "on" buttons.
-Checked of course all my outlets and made sure it had power and had good connections.
-Used voltmeter to check to see if short in power cord.

WHEN OPENED UP:
-Used voltmeter to check resistance from all wiring harnesses starting from power cord plug in to rear power switch.
-Checked for any "burnt" looking pieces.
-Tried to locate fuse but cant seem to find one.

Any suggestions?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

murfy888

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have done great. I hope this could help you.
No power light indicator means no power PS section. Check it using a voltmeter to isolate the real problem.
Is there anything you observe anything burned or bulging capacitors, busted fuse?
tstrachan22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No power light indicator means no power PS section. Check it using a voltmeter to isolate the real problem

Thank you for the reply!

By PS you mean power supply right? I did notice 2 small capacitors that were ever so slightly bowed at their tops but nothing looking burnt, do you think this may be the problem? If so, is it had to change capacitors out? I have a low heat soldering gun but as far as experience with it I changed a few switches around on my computer mouse once so how would i use the voltmeter to diagnose the PS(e.g. what setting to put it on and where to touch it at)? Any more suggestions will be much appreciated!
tstrachan22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i'll get a tv repair guy around the corner to replace all the caps on the PS just to be sure nothing explodes Wink Thanks for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com