Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
zenith pv4661lk rear projection dead?    

suckerpunch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: zenith pv4661lk rear projection dead? Reply with quote

i have a zenith rear projection tv made in juarez mexico 1993 model pv4661lk that wont power on. a few months ago it would turn on for about 30 sec to a min then shut off and now it wont turn on at all. i have looked at fuses and all look fine. is something overheating? any help or advice would be appreciated.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

sdtv

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: zenith rear projection 1993 dead? Reply with quote

Check the high voltage block. Take it out and look at it.

If it has cracks and burn marks on it then it is bad.

It can also short out.

Also remove the flyback lead from the high voltage block and check it with a meter.

If you get any reading at all then the flyback is bad.

These are very common parts to fail.

It could also be a bad solder joint.

Last edited by sdtv on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
suckerpunch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to mention i know nothing about tv repair, thank you for the fast reply, where would the voltage block be? there is a kinda buzz/hiss when pluged in just wont turn on
sdtv

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours may be one where the whole chassis will come out as a box.

The high voltage block is where the 3 big wires coming from the picture tubes go.

They twist and pull out.
suckerpunch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you happen to know a website i could order a replacement from? have searched google and found nothing
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

sdtv

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bluestar-online.com/A_17196_12_Zenith_High_Voltage_Block_p/a-17196-12.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com