Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Zenith Z27A11G Completely Dead No Power    

mutt15668

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Zenith Z27A11G Completely Dead No Power Reply with quote

I have a Zenith Z27A11G TV I think the module number is 9-1791. I plug it in an nothing happens when i hit power. I took the back cover off and inspected the 2 fuses i could see(FX3410 & FX3402) Both came back with 0 OHMs. I do not see anything burned up or anything on the board. I am not familiar with how tv's actually work and am pretty fuzzy on the differences between capacitors, transistors, resistors, etc. Are there some common componants to check? I do not have a schematic or anything so the only way i can find componants is by looking for them on the board. I checked the voltage of the wall outlet and of the cord and of the connections under the board where the cord plugs in. All were good.

Any help of this would be greatly appriciated. If i need to give you more info let me know and i will try to find it
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All have caused "Dead Set": RX3401 &/or CX3416 &/or IC3431 &/or CX3231
mutt15668

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information,How do i check each of those componants. Is there a certain value i need for each?

Thank you for your time and help
mutt15668

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also When testing the componants should i have the power plugged in or leave it unplugged? Do capacitors need voltage applied to give a good reading Also say i find something is bad do you think a store like radio shack would have replacement items or do i need to search for a specialty store?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If after reading the following you feel uncomfortable doing any of this, please stop and obtain professional assistance.
Resistor and caps can be checked with a DVM. Resistor should read very close to value printed on it, (color code - look it up), if resistor is open, report before replacing and trying the set. All caps/resistors best tested with at least one side pulled out of the circuit. If DVM has capacitor feature you can test for value, otherwise DVM will only catch leaky/shorted ones. IC is the only part that you can tell by the voltages you are measuring (reference HOT ground) and comparing to voltages on schematic, but since you don't have one you could test first for Switch Mode Power Supply secondary voltages and if none present obtain and install a new one (substitute).
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

mutt15668

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having trouble locating RX3401. I think i looked about everywhere. the board that this person has posted at http://www.riddledtv.com/repair/pics/zenith_Z25A11S-2.jpg

looks very familiar to what i have. I found EX3401 and CX3401 (empty) on the HOT side I also see RX3400 that bridges Hot and cold.

Also i found an ICX3431 is this the same as IC3431?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Near regulator and yes, ICX3431 is same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com