Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Zenith Z32X31D - Intermittent shorted CRT    

frafreg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Zenith Z32X31D - Intermittent shorted CRT Reply with quote

I have a Zenith model set that has a known problem with an intermittent shorted CRT. I found this information on the internet indicating that Zenith has a run of sets on the 90s with this problem. The problem causes the failure of cap (100uF/25V), transistor (2N4923), resistor (47ohm/.25W) and the B+ regulator (STR53041) as described on this site in the TV Repair Tips page.
Aside from replacing the picture tube which is probably not worth it, is there some other way to get around this intermittent problem? I thought maybe unplugging the set when not in use. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CRT short occurs (and takes out the list of parts you mention) while the TV is in operation. Replacing the picture tube was the only sure solution.
frafreg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. I thought that would be the case. I got about 10 years since the last time I repaired the set. Not sure how much time I'll get this time. If it dies gain, I will have to scrap it for parts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com